every woman on tumblr should have this on their dash
And every man
Look how nobody’s yelling or arguing or making things into a competition. Look how this is to straight up educate people through a different perspective. Look how effective that makes the message.
(Left to Right): Peter Buffett, Jimmie Briggs, Joe Ehrmann, Tony Porter,
Dave Zirin and Moderator Eve Ensler.
Be clear. THEY give us the roles that make THEM comfortable.
The U.S. Department of Education’s recent declaration that Title IX applies to trans students has clarified trans rights in education. This graphic shows just a few, but you can learn more here.
Have we reblogged this before? Probably. Will we reblog it again? Probably.
Seven Rules For White People Who Like Hip-Hop
1) When singing along to rap songs with the n-word, substitute “ninja” e.g “My Ninja, My Ninja”
2) Don’t assume black rappers (or black hip-hop fans) hate or are uncomfortable around white people
3) Like what you like
4) When you’re saying rap names like “Lil Wayne” or “Masta Killa” just say them in the traditional white person way e.g “Little Wayne” and “Master Killer”
5) Just don’t use an accent, ever.
6) Don’t laugh or act nervous when you talk about hip-hop - rap is the preferred music for millions of Caucasian people around the world. Liking hip-hop is not weird, or a novelty. You ain’t gon be thrown out of your parents’ country club.
7) Respect the culture, acknowledge and appreciate where and how the culture originated.
There you have it, if you follow these Seven simple rules you will never get bashed for your music preference, and if you do kindly tell them to go fuck themselves and direct them to this helpful guide.
SHONDA RHIMES - SCREENWRITER, DIRECTOR, AND PRODUCER, creator of hit TV shows such as “Scandal” (ABC), “Grey’s Anatomy” (ABC), “Private Practice” (ABC), and the forthcoming TV show “How to Get Away with Murder,” starring Viola Davis, which will premiere on ABC on September 25, 2014.
She also wrote screenplays for Introducing Dorothy Dandridge (1999) starring Halle Berry, Crossroads (2001) starring Britney Spears, and The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement (2004) starring Julie Andrews and Anne Hathaway.
In 2007, she was named by TIME Magazine as one of the 100 people who help shape the world. She has been nominated and/or won a few awards including Golden Globe, NAACP’s Image Award, Emmy, Black Reel Award, and WGA Award by the Writers Guild of America.
She also runs her own production company, ShondaLand, which produces the tv shows that ABC has picked up for airing rights.
The Los Angles Times just published a new article, hailing her for building a TV empire in spite of white men running Hollywood.
We just talked about her in my Gender & Leadership class!
As a Muslim, I’m sick of people asking me how I feel about 9/11. What do you want me to say, seriously? Do you want me to say, “It was a great plan, mwahahaha!” before I fly off on a magic carpet?
I was born and raised in this country and was just as shocked as everyone else to learn there were people on this earth so vile as to commit such a horrific attack - or to even think about doing it.
But I didn’t do it. Neither did 99.999999999 percent of the roughly 1.5 billion people in the world who also call themselves Muslims. So why should I or any other Muslim apologize for what happened? Nickleback is planning on releasing another album. Should I ask white people to apologize for that?❞
I am going to reblog this quote every year.
That last sentence tho